Friday, June 11, 2010

2010 World Pork Expoians~Bass Pro Shop Bowling~Creme Brulee

MY OH MY! These past few days have been crazy!! I've been in Des Moines, IA for the past two days (Tuesday and Wednesday) for my Pork Producers Mentoring class... It's been crazy! We took a school van down there and we attended the State Intern Training alllll dayy lonnnnnng... It was really slow and parts of it were boring. The information was FANTASTIC but some of the ways it was presented, and the fact that we left school at 4:30 in the frickin morning, certainly did not help. :)

Buuuut! After we got off work, we drove down to the Bass Pro Shop and had dinner and bowled! It was awesome! I had a really fantastic buffalo burger and alligator fingers. The breading on the alligator was really spicy, but once I got past that, the meat wasn't as flavorful as I thought it would be. It actually kinda reminded me of frog legs.... call me crazy :) Thennn after dindin, everyone split up into teams, and we bowled! I'm not a very good bowler.... My first game, I did ok... Well, average. But I had a couple strikes and some spares but it was an average finish. The second time? I was totally obliterated! I bowled 10 frames and I think that maybe ... twice, I actually knocked pins down. Now, in the middle of the first game, we all decided (on our game, no other team) that we would put some stakes on the game.... the winner and the loser would decide on things they wanted every one else to do that night. This, of course, was my brillant idea. So then, when the first game ended, I really wanted to win so I shouted DOUBLE OR NOTHING! Everyone agreed.... I never knew that my bowling scores would receed faster than a balding man's hairline....To end the bowling story, I lost and Austin won..... So we both decided what to have everyone do. WHOOO! Go us! Then, on the way back to the interstate, Austin taught Kyla how to peel out while driving, but it didn't work so well in the economy van... It ended up looking more like a van with sucky hydraulics, but it was HILARIOUS!!!

OMG! I almost forgot another thing that was hilarious! While we were on our way to Bass Pro Shop, McKenzie and I were watching the cars driving by.... This station wagon full of younger guys drove up even with us and I was watching them but my mind was elsewhere, so it looked like I was staring. Then they looked up at McKenzie and I and we got embarressed so we looked away... Then I was like, well that was awkward... let's wave! So McKenzie and I waved, and the guys got reallllly excited and started waving back.... then Kyla started pulling the van away and the guys tried to speed up and were rolling their windows down... I started laughing so hard I was crying. Then McKenzie yells "THEY'RE GIVING US THEIR NUMBER!!!!" We tried to get Kyla to slow down, because Austin wanted to text them and give them a hard time.... But they got off at the exit... It was reallllly funnny.

The next day we went to the World Pork Expo. That was crazy! Freeee Pork to eat, lots of free swag, and pigs EVERYWHERE!!! McKenzie, Sandra, and I had a greaaat time. :)

Yesterday, I went with Hailey and her dad to eat dinndinnnner at the Lodge and for the first time EVER I had Creme Brulee. It was sooo AWESOME! the Carmalized sugar was crunchy and yummy and the custard inside was just custardy enough. I think Hailey got me addicted! O.O

Ok, welllll matt is here with the hayyy... Gotta go!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment