Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dearingest Darlingest Momma and Popsicles

There's been some confusion here at Shiz. But of course I'll care for Nessa. But of course I'll rise above it. No, not the wonderful musical Wicked. :D

I was wondering what these past 20 years have been like, raising me and watching me "grow" up. But then I figured that the story that would encompass my life thus far, would be much too long and probably somewhat not entertaining. At least not for me. Only kidding. When you bring up stories from the past, they are usually hilariously funny, "that was so not me" moments where Jordan or I try to deny the inevitable. I still can not remember for the life of me saying "It's the cows!" in the car when not wanting to own up to what I did.

I know these past 20 years have not been easy. I am not a poster child and probably never will be. But I did try to make it easier than most. I had a great up bringing and wouldn't be who I am today with out you guys. The countless times you took me to school or picked me up from band practice to the millions of horse shows we attended. Dad- I know the horses aren't you're favorite things in the world, but having you there pretty much every step of the way was great. I have some pretty awesome pictures taken and I could always count on you for a non competitive view on the competition. Mom- Thanks for slaving away in the hot sun with me and driving me everywhere for shows. Even being bucked off by Ringo at a show, once he did that with you, he never did it again. I am very gracious of the time and energy you spent for that.

There are some things I've taken from you guys. Dad- The love of music like Prince, Jimi Hendrix, Marvin Gaye, and Earth Wind and Fire. To collecting mustangs and other awesome muscle cars and every time I see a Police Cruisers, I wonder if you have it in your collection. I also have "inherited" your love of photography. Trying to take pictures of beautiful things and capturing the sight. I will always love your sense of humor, whether mom thinks it's appropriate or not. :) She has her moments though.

Mom-You have rubbed off on me in more ways than you know. First of all, no one's (and I repeat) no one's meatloaf is as good as yours is. I miss it and wish you could send it in a box. Also, I have found myself watching shows like CSI and NCIS more and more, wondering if you've seen that episode. And, not so suprisingly to you, I have found myself missing the pool at home. Having to drive to one here just isn't as fun.

Thank you for putting up with me countless times and being as strict and "mean" as you were. I believe I have grown up with morals and views of what are wrong and right, and manners that many of today's youth are lacking. I got those from you guys and how you felt the need to pass them on. College has been different, but I have enjoyed getting a chance to see what the real world is like. I love you!

XOXO
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment